Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Security Officer - Full Time, Day Shift
at Affinity Gaming
Get A "High 5" When You Do The Affinity 5!
Headquartered in Las Vegas, we are a personable, loyal, and friendly company that shares a connection with each of our customers and employees. Every employee at Affinity Gaming is committed to enhancing our guests' satisfaction by building upon our relationships and offering high-quality service at a reasonable price. With 11 properties (five in Nevada, three in Colorado, two in Missouri, and one in Iowa) we are dedicated to delivering a value-oriented product in a convenient, welcoming, and casual atmosphere.
The Security Officer is responsible for patrolling assigned areas to ensure the safety and protection of guests, team members and company assets.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Patrols assigned areas and assists guests and team members as needed.
- Examines doors, windows, gates, etc. to ensure they are secure.
- Enforces company policies as they pertain to guest and team member conduct on the premises.
- Watches for and reports irregularities such as fire hazards, unlocked doors, etc.
- Responds to all emergencies such as fire, injuries, property damage, etc.; investigates and completes reporting the same.
- During serious emergencies, may be assigned to assist in the evacuation of the facility.
- Observe departing personnel to guard against theft of company property.
- Escorts casino team members during pit drops, slot drops, jackpot verifications, fill verifications, pit fills/credits, etc. Transports chips, currency/coin and tokens to the different requesting tables/booths.
- Accepts, logs and stores lost and found articles.
- Apprehends (if appropriate) individuals who are observed to be engaged in criminal activity and detains these individuals until they can be turned over to law enforcement authorities.
- Attends and provides testimony in court when required.
- Responds to verbal and/or physical altercations throughout the property and applies appropriate measures to resolve the situation.
- For physical altercations, employs the minimum amount of force necessary to restrain any and all involved.
- Initiates formal evictions of disorderly persons when directed by a supervisor.
- Responds to requests for medical assistance when required and renders first aid consistent with company policy and the individual officer’s skill level and medical certification.
High school diploma or GED required. Prefer to have at least six months security, law enforcement or military experience.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS OR REGISTRATIONS:
Must be 21 years or older, Gaming Registration, Alcohol Awareness card.
OTHER PROPERTY SPECIFIC DETAILS:
EMPLOYEE BENEFITS INCLUDE:
Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, PTO, Employee Discount Network, Meals, Celebrations, Awards and more....
This job posting is intended to describe the general nature of this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. Employee benefits may vary by location, position, length of service and employment status.
Final candidates will be required to complete a drug test and background check. Many positions will require a state gaming license. Affinity Gaming is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status.