Carson City, Nevada
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Recreation Aide - Youth
at Carson City, Nevada
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: 2703279
Overall Job Objective
|Job Title:||Recreation Aide - Youth|
|Job Type:||PART-TIME / HOURLY|
|Location:||201 N Carson Street, Suite 4, Carson City, Nevada|
|This is a non-exempt, part-time position, not to exceed 1039 work hours in a fiscal year, in which the employee performs a variety of routine tasks in support of the Carson City Youth Programs.|
|Examples of Duties:|
|This class specification lists the major duties and requirement of the job and is not all-inclusive. Incumbent(s) may be expected to perform job-related duties other than those contained in this document and may be required to have specific job-related knowledge and skills.|
| Typical Qualifications:|
|To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.|
Education and Experience:
Must be at least fifteen (15) years of age at date of hire, and have either paid or volunteer experience working with children between 5 and 13 years of age; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience as determined by Human Resources. In addition, must possess or be able to obtain required certifications for area of employment within one month of employment and be willing to participate in water activities and be in water up to four (4) feet deep.
SPECIAL NOTE: This position, along with other child care providers, are one of many groups of professionals required to report known or reasonable suspicion of abuse and/or neglect of children in their care and are considered mandated reporters as outlined in Nevada Revised Statutes.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, AND REGISTRATIONS:
- Current CPR Certification.
- Current First Aid Certification.
- Mandated Reporting: Recognizing Child Abuse and Neglect.
- Valid Driver's license if over the age of 16 (will be driving personal vehicle
while on work hours).
- Driver's Training if 18 years or older.
Continued employment is contingent upon acquiring and maintaining these certifications.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
In addition to the minimum requirements and knowledge, skills and abilities listed for the position, the following are required: sufficient mobility, strength, and endurance to maintain the facility, and effectively monitor and control the participants involved in the recreational activities. Use standard office equipment (including a computer), vision to read printed materials and a VDT screen, and hearing and speech to communicate in person or over the telephone. The ability to lift at times up to 30 lbs. Must be mobile, able to sit, stoop, and climb. Some accommodations may be made for some of these physical demands for otherwise qualified individuals who require and request such accommodation.
The working environment is both inside and outside during all seasons of the year and in all temperatures.
Employees must be willing to work overtime shifts, weekends, flexible hours, and holidays. Staff may be needed to drive their personal vehicles while on work hours if 16 years of age or older.
| Supplemental Information:|
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
1. Continued employment is contingent upon all required licenses and certificates being maintained in active status without suspension or revocation.
2. Any City employee may be required to stay at or return to work during emergencies to perform duties specific to this classification or to perform other duties as requested in an assigned response position. This may require working a non-traditional work or working outside normal assigned duties during the incident and/or emergency.
3. Employees may be required to complete Incident Command System training as a condition of continuing employment.
4. New employees are required to submit to a fingerprint based background investigation (if 18 years of age or older) which costs the new employee $56.25 and a drug screening which costs $36.50. Employment is contingent upon passing the background and the drug screening.
5. This position is required to make a report in accordance with Nevada Revised Statute 432B.220, if, in his or her professional or occupational capacity, he or she knows or has reasonable cause to believe that a child has been abused or neglected.
6. Carson City participates in E-Verify and will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA)and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each applicants Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. All Candidates who are offered employment with Carson City must completed Section 1 of the Form I-9 along with the required proof of their right to work in the United States and proof of their identity prior to starting employment. Please be prepared to provide required documentation as soon as possible after the job offer is made. For additional information regarding acceptable documents for this purpose please contact Human Resources at 775-887-2103 or go to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services web page at www.ucis.gov.
7. Carson City is an Equal Opportunity Employer.