Guild Mortgage Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Branch Administrative Assistant I
at Guild Mortgage Company
Guild Mortgage Company, closing loans and opening doors since 1960. As a mortgage banking firm we are dedicated to serving the home owner/buyer. Our goal is to provide affordable home financing for our customers, utilizing the best terms available while providing a level of professionalism and service unsurpassed in the lending industry.
The Branch Administrative Assistant I plays an important role in the organization by performing a number of tasks related to the branch’s administrative functions. The role is primarily responsible, under general supervision, for performing full administrative and reception duties in support of the branch office by providing customer service, answering calls, handling information requests, ordering supplies and performing clerical functions such as preparing correspondence, copying, filing, faxing, mailing and scheduling meetings.
- Welcome visitors by greeting them, making sure they are comfortable, and directing them to the appropriate party.
- Answer incoming calls, provide responsive and courteous service to callers by providing information or routing them to the appropriate party as needed.
- Maintain up-to-date employee directory.
- Provide assistance to Branch Manager and Branch Operations Manager as needed.
- Collect, sort, and correctly distribute incoming mail and packages; log all packages per branch procedure.
- Assist in the preparation and delivery of mailings as needed.
- Maintain office supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Partner with IT helpdesk and assist in the troubleshooting of basic office technology issues.
- Assist walk-in applicants by handing out employment applications and directing them to Guild’s employment website.
- Perform general clerical duties and office support, to include, but not limited to: photocopying, faxing, mail distribution and filing.
- Make copies and prepare other deliverables for meetings and marketing campaigns.
- Maintain a tidy and comfortable office space by picking up waste, watering plants, tidying kitchen area, refreshing magazines, etc.
- Monitor, reconcile, and respond to appraisal and credit report invoice discrepancies.
- Coordinate events, meetings, and conferences with cross-functional departments; prepare agendas and set-up meeting facilities as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred, along with a minimum of one year experience in an administrative assistant related role(s).
- Prior experience in Mortgage lending, Finance, or similar field preferred.
- Ability to type 60-70 wpm.
- Passionate about delivering excellence in customer service.
- High levels of diplomacy, tact, and confidentiality a must.
- Demonstrated patience and professionalism when interacting with both internal and external customers.
- Proficiency with data entry, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Excellent verbal and written communication required; excellent spelling, grammar, and punctuation skills.
- Self motivated with a strong attention to detail.
- Ethical, with a commitment to company values.
- General supervision required, depending on experience
- Apply sound judgment in execution of core job responsibilities
Physical: Work is primarily sedentary; general office mobility. The position requires the ability to occasionally lift office equipment and supplies weighing up to 20 pounds.
Manual Dexterity: Frequent use of computer keyboard and mouse.
Audio/Visual: Ability to accurately interpret sounds and associated meanings at a volume consistent with interpersonal conversation. Regularly required to accurately perceive, distinguish and interpret information received visually and through audio; e.g., words, numbers and other data broadcasted aloud/viewed on a screen, as well as print and other media.
Environmental: Office environment – no substantial exposure to adverse environmental conditions.
Guild offers a pleasant work environment, competitive compensation and excellent benefits package; including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, AD&D, LTD and 401(k) with employer match.
Guild Mortgage Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.