Guild Mortgage Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Loan Officer Assistant (Lead to Contract)
at Guild Mortgage Company
Guild Mortgage Company, closing loans and opening doors since 1960. As a mortgage banking firm we are dedicated to serving the home owner/buyer. Our goal is to provide affordable home financing for our customers, utilizing the best terms available while providing a level of professionalism and service unsurpassed in the lending industry.
The Loan Officer Assistant plays an important role in the organization by performing, under direct supervision, a number of activities related to assisting originators build complete loan files for submission. This role performs the Lead to Contract duties.
Lead to Contract duties:
- Assist originator in appointment setting with prospective and new applicants.
- Provide new lead call backs within 20 minutes and maintain a 35% conversion rate from lead to appointment.
- Set and confirm appointments for originator and manage calendar.
- Provide administrative support managing various client databases (lead tracker, MyCircle, Zillow, etc.). Send new clients online pre-qualification link on behalf of originator.
- Assist the originator with obtaining an accurate and thorough 1003.
- Analyze customer’s credit and financial scenario and determining appropriate loan product(s).
- Run credit on loans assigned to an originator
- Run AUS findings and prepare the Initial Fee Worksheet.
- Pull and prep web applications and other duties; including updating credit reports and AUS findings.
- Request status updates from pre-approved clients and referral sources (weekly TBD calls).
- Keep up to date with company approved programs and software systems; implement and execute new systems for team and clients.
- Provide marketing support by coordinating, creating, obtaining compliance approval, tracking, and distributing advertising materials as needed.
- Manage monthly compliance-approved email marketing to realtors.
Additional common duties:
- Acting as a primary point of contact for the customer, and keeping the customer informed throughout the process, subject to the limitations as set forth in Guild’s SAFE Act and Consumer Privacy/Safeguarding in Information policies.
- Pricing loan in accordance with Guild’s policies and communicating fees to operations team.
- Quoting rates and making commitments regarding locking to customer.
- Maintain referral source relationships through quick response time and excellent custom service.
- Prepare and send thank you cards to referral sources and new clients.
- Collect supporting documentation from customer, gathering necessary documentation for pre-approval.
- Act as a point of contact for the customer and referral source, keeping them informed throughout the process.
- Discuss product features with customer.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Per GUILD company policy and in accordance with investor underwriting guidelines, this role is prohibited from submitting documents to underwriting and ordering written (non-third party) employment, income, deposit, mortgage or rental verifications under any circumstances.
- High school diploma or equivalent is preferred, along with at least two years of experience in Mortgage lending or related field.
- Active MLO licensing required.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities; strong detail orientation and highly organized.
- Works with a strong sense of urgency and responsiveness.
- Passionate about delivering excellence in customer service.
- Demonstrated patience and professionalism when interacting with both internal and external customers.
- Proficiency with data entry, PDF software programs, Microsoft Word, and Excel required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Basic math skills.
- Ethical, with a commitment to company values.
- No direct or indirect reports.
- Low level of independent judgment and discretion used in decision-making; executes standard core job responsibilities with only minor variation and escalates more complex issues for advice and resolution.
Physical: Work is primarily sedentary; mobility in an office setting.
Manual Dexterity: Frequent use of computer keyboard and mouse.
Audio/Visual: Ability to accurately interpret sounds and associated meanings at a volume consistent with interpersonal conversation. Regularly required to accurately perceive, distinguish and interpret information received visually and through audio; e.g., words, numbers and other data broadcasted aloud/viewed on a screen, as well as print and other media.
Environmental: Office environment – no substantial exposure to adverse environmental conditions.
Guild offers a pleasant work environment, competitive compensation and excellent benefits package; including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, AD&D, LTD and 401(k) with employer match.
Guild Mortgage Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.