Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Manufacturing Engineer - Robotics
at Hamilton Company
- 29-Apr-2019 to 30-Apr-2020 (MST)
- Reno, NV, USA
- Full Time
Hamilton Company is a global enterprise headquartered in Reno, Nevada with manufacturing facilities in Reno, Boston and Bonaduz, Switzerland. Branch sales offices are located in France, Germany, and the United Kingdom.
We are the worldwide leader in the design and manufacture of manual, semi-automated and robotic products for precision fluid measuring. For over 56 years, Hamilton has been satisfying customer needs by combining quality materials with skilled workmanship, ensuring the highest level of performance of every precision fluid measuring device we manufacture.
The Manufacturing Engineer is to plan, design, and optimize manufacturing processes. The Manufacturing Engineer provides technical expertise to develop practical solutions for manufacture, testing, or improvement of company products. Other responsibilities include:
- Responsible for planning and executing production improvement projects from concept to implementation, including component design and system design review.
- Responsible for troubleshooting production floor issues and implementing corrective actions. This may include tooling or fixture design changes or collaboration with R&D on product design changes.
- Responsible for analysis of new products or design concepts for manufacturability and presentation of analysis with recommendations and possible solutions.
- Responsible for compliance of manufacturing processes to performance, regulatory, and safety standards.
- Responsible for maintaining assembly documentation and production routings.
- Plan and execute testing to assure adequate performance of assembly processes and tooling.
- Responsible for documenting performed tasks including project descriptions, technical specifications, testing data and implementation notes.
- Responsible for the clear presentation of manufacturing-related designs or processes at design review meetings.
- Responsible for training manufacturing operators on new or revised manufacturing process instructions or tooling.
- Demonstrate competency with the company's internal systems (ECO's, IS, MRP and CAD software, etc.).
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing or similar from and accredited college.
- 3 plus years of experience and knowledge of manufacturing and systems processes is preferred.
- Experience using CAD (Specifically CREO) to create, update, and implement design improvements as needed to support and simplify manufacturing.
- Ability to learn, adopt, and implement new technology quickly.
- Demonstrates written and oral communication skills while developing skills as an expert listener and applying these skills in daily practice.
- Learn and analyze production processes and equipment for improvement opportunities utilizing expertise in the engineering discipline.
- Develop project proposals and execute the project to completion.
- Demonstrates written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects.
- Diverse portfolio of exciting and innovative design projects
- Tremendous opportunities for professional growth and advancement
- Commitment to sustainable design
- Competitive Compensation
- Excellent Benefit Package (medical, dental, vision insurance, paid vacation, paid sick time, disability insurance, 401k, tuition reimbursement and much more)
- Solid Stable Company
- Drug free workplace.
Learn more about us at: www.hamiltoncompany.com
It is the policy of this organization to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age 40 and over, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, religious preference, or veteran status in all phases of the employment process and in compliance with applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.