Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Product Support Engineer
at Hamilton Company
- 14-Feb-2020 to 14-Apr-2020 (MST)
- Reno, NV, USA
- Full Time
Hamilton Company is a global enterprise headquartered in Reno, Nevada with manufacturing facilities in Reno, Boston and Bonaduz, Switzerland. Branch sales offices are located in France, Germany, and the United Kingdom.
We are the worldwide leader in the design and manufacture of manual, semi-automated and robotic products for precision fluid measuring. For over 56 years, Hamilton has been satisfying customer needs by combining quality materials with skilled workmanship, ensuring the highest level of performance of every precision fluid measuring device we manufacture.
The Product Support Engineer provides the Robotics department with technical expertise to support new Hamilton products and to troubleshoot, test, and maintain existing company products. This position supports the refinement and market adoption of new Hamilton products from a product implementation perspective. The Product Engineer is responsible for managing all aspects of Hamilton new products pertinent to Custom Solutions Sales and works closely with APE/R&D Engineering, Application Specialists, Technical Project Leaders, Product Managers, ACEs and Sales Managers.
- As assigned, evaluates pre-sales opportunities for new Hamilton products.
- Maintains effective communication within the project team.
- Acts as a liaison and facilitator between teams for project related tasks and/or issues. Will be included in Support Email Groups for New Products and responsible for ensuring prompt follow-up on reported issues/ questions.
- Works independently and makes decisions based on extensive experience and knowledge.
- Coordinates implementation activities. The Product Engineer will plan, execute and complete tasks according to strict deadlines.
- Writes automation routines by interpreting customer supplied requirements.
- Ensures adequate documentation and project status reports.
- Will troubleshoot and problem solve written automation routines.
- Provides software and hardware training and support material to customers and co-workers.
- Performs technical and sales demonstrations of Hamilton products.
- Demonstrates advanced programming skills.
- Responsible for the management of project records to assure appropriate levels of trace-ability.
- Maintains professional relationships with customers and co-workers.
- Will demonstrate regular and consistent attendance.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering and/or Computer Science is required.
- Project Management experience is required, preferably with experience managing cross-functional teams.
- Experience and/or interest in Chemistry, Biology, Biochemistry, or other sciences is a plus.
- Experience with programming and operating automated scientific equipment is preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in a software development setting strongly recommended.
- Must possess good verbal and written communication skills for writing reports, communicating with team members, and engineering.
- Proven abilities in understanding and application of engineering principles.
- Must possess excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Must have good planning and customer skills, and be able to demonstrate them to an audience.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office products.
- Automation oriented, "instant troubleshooting", hands-on experience.
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time. This may require extensive time viewing computer monitors or other screens.
- A diverse portfolio of exciting and innovative design projects
- Tremendous opportunities for professional growth and advancement
- Commitment to sustainable design
- Competitive Compensation
- Excellent Benefits Package (medical, dental, vision insurance, paid time off, disability insurance, 401k, tuition reimbursement and much more)
- Solid Stable Company
- Drug-free workplace.
Learn more about us @: www.hamiltoncompany.com
It is the policy of this organization to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age 40 and over, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, religious preference, or veteran status in all phases of the employment process and in compliance with applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.