Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Field Sales Engineer
- # Positions
- Experience (Years)
At a Glance
Legrand has an exciting opportunity for a Field Sales Engineer to join the Data Center Power & Control Team in Reno, NV. The Field Sales Engineer will be responsible for all technical aspects of our sales cycle specifically pertaining to our client’s needs with focus towards Raritan, Server Technology and Legrand product integrations. The Field Sales Engineer must be both sales focused and technically proficient. The Field Sales Engineer will represent the entire range of company products and services. This position will provide support to the RVP and Territory Sales Managers in the West region.
What Will You Do?
The main responsibilities of this role are to proactively participate in pre-sales activities including, but not limited to;
- Assessment of customer's requirements,
- Supports and facilitates product evaluations
- Participates in managing and developing customer and partner relationships for long-term growth, new business discovery and long term success
- Technical presentations and trainings to customers/partners
- Detailed system design of power, access (KVM) and integrated Legrand solutions
- Functionally describe Raritan, Server Technology and Legrand solutions to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Provide pre-sales technical support on product queries from new customers/partners
- Articulates product & solution capabilities and interoperability with customer's existing network infrastructure in line with customer organizations strategic goals
- Tailors outgoing RFP proposals and formulates response to RFPs
- Enhances customer relationships by demonstrating a strong understanding of customer value
- Identifies new market opportunities and trends for Legrand products and services
- Expands application knowledge of sales team through regular training sessions and knowledge sharing
- Bachelor's degree from four-year College or University with emphasis in Engineering, or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of 5 years sales support experience in information technology industry, data center industry experience preferred
- Project management skills including planning, organizing, and coordinating tasks.
- Computer proficient with knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word/Excel/Outlook/PowerPoint), experience with Salesforce.com preferred.
- Effective oral and written communication skills with the ability to provide information across multiple groups in the Company including Finance, Engineering, Marketing, and Sales.
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Ability to work independently and in dynamic team environment
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills
- Concerned with quality deliverables
- A sense of urgency in fulfilling customer and Sales Team requirements
- Act as visionary and strategist for solution product area
- Familiarity of ISO 9000 standards and audit process.
- Ability to travel up to 75%.
Every single day, Legrand brings power, light and data to millions of spaces around the world. Legrand is a global, publicly-traded company listed on the Euronext (Legrand SA EPA: LR) with 36,000 employees worldwide, a market cap of $16B, revenue of more than $5 billion, with products sold in 180 countries. Legrand is listed on the Forbes Global 2000 as one of the world’s best employers. For more information, visit legrand.com.
About Legrand North and Central America
Legrand North and Central America (LNCA) employs over 5,000 associates in 60 locations, working in 6 product categories (Electrical Wiring Systems, Building Control Systems, AV, Data Communications, Power Distribution and Control, and Lighting). LNCA offers comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage. LNCA offers distinctive benefits like high employer 401K match, above-benchmark paid maternity leave, paid time off to volunteer, and an active women’s network. LNCA is an employee-centered, growth company with tremendous opportunity. For more information, visit legrand.us.
About Legrand’s Data Center Power and Control Division
Legrand’s Data, Power & Control (DPC) division is a global provider of award winning technology and infrastructure products which serve the expanding requirements of today’s data centers and related ecosystems. Our innovative products are principally sold under the Starline, Raritan, Server Technology, US Safety Trolley, and Legrand brand names. As a leading provider of best in class overhead power supply system’s, intelligent PDUs, KVM switches, connectivity, cabinet and containment solutions, our goal is to support next generation technologies with flexibility for future growth and energy and installation efficiencies, united by superior design. For more information, visit raritan.com and servertech.com
Equal Opportunity Employer