The Leave Coordinator advises HR Business Partners, employees and leaders on the organization's leave programs, including family and medical leave, medical or disability leave, military leave, personal leave or unpaid leave. The position analyzes leave claims or requests, determines employee eligibility, may assist HR Business Partners leaders in the development of alternate work arrangement/reasonable accommodations, and manages employee return to work or separation. As the subject matter expert on leave programs, this position is responsible for maintaining accurate and current records of leaves in the HRIS as needed. In the performance of job duties, this position is expected to:
• Be knowledgeable of all human resource related laws and regulations associated with employment law and specifically leave programs
• Partner closely with HR Business Partners, Payroll and leaders on leave cases
• Process leave cases within policy and regulatory timeframes
• Use judgement and established guidelines to approve or deny cases, and maintain fairness and consistency for all employees
• Maintains internal records to comply with all federal and state regulations
• Assists with internal training programs related to leave programs and associated employment laws
This position does not provide patient care.