Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at SunOpta Inc.
About the Company
SunOpta Inc. is an operator of high-growth ethical businesses, focusing on integrated business models in the natural and organic food and natural health markets.
About the Division
The SunOpta Healthy Snacks Division manufactures both Natural/Organic nutrition bars that are distributed throughout North America and in many regions in the world. We produce products for Retail partners under their Private Brand labels and we co-manufacture for some of the most recognizable brands in the North American marketplace. We are currently looking for a Maintenance Mechanic to be part of our dynamic Healthy Snacks Division.
Position is responsible for repairing and installing production/manufacturing equipment. Inspects equipment for proper functioning and performs preventative maintenance duties, per manufacturer's specifications. Diagnoses equipment malfunctions and makes repairs or adjustments, as needed.
Responsibilities (Key Role Activities include the following. Other duties may be assigned):
• Ensure that all production lines/equipment is set up and operable prior to each production day
• Maintain all equipment - minimize downtime - perform and record all activities as required by the M&R preventative and predictive programs
• Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve equipment issues
• Ability to read, interpret, and understand technical manuals and schematics
• Follow company GMP’s (good manufacturing practices) and all other quality programs as they relate to the maintenance department
• Identify potential problems/projects/improvements which will maximize production efficiencies and reduce downtime
• Complete work orders, down time reports, and any other reports as they relate to maintenance
• Use equipment such as: hand tools, power tools, welders, electrical test equipment, PLC interface, HMI (Human Machine Interface), diagnostic equipment, fork lift, etc.
• Wear PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) when required
• Other duties as assigned
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision and as a member of a team
- Strictly adhere to all Safety policies (i.e. Lock Out Tag Out, Machine Guarding, etc.)
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to meet physical requirements including: a variety of standing, sitting and walking throughout the day; repeated twisting at the torso while lifting and pulling inventory from shelves; regular lifting of up to 50 pounds and occasional lifting of 70 pounds, occasional climbing of ladders; usage of pallet jacks.
- Must be flexible with schedule. At times may be necessary to help in other shifts.